There were people in this ER who have been there 12 HOURS! I told them I can not wait that long, they tell me he is serious we will get him ASAP. After about 30 minutes and filling a bucket of blood he gets chills and SHAKING! Chels freaks..goes to Triage window and proceeds to SCREAM at the triage nurse somebody HAS to help her daddy. I am sitting with Flint tryin to keep him calm, thinking oh great the security guard is coming to haul away my 15 year old daughter. In less than 5 minutes they are at my side with a wheel chair..Chels tells me "Momma sometimes yu have to be not nice". They get the bleeding stopped(it is all a blur for about the first hour)...have IV in him in a matter of seconds. Giving him steroids, morphine and something else I can not quite remember. After a couple of hours he was finally comfortable. The morphine helped the pain and steroids were taking down the swelling. They let us come home about 6ish the next morning. I am beyond exhausted by this time. I think most of it is not sleepy, just mentally exahuseted. The doctor at Baylor told him gonna be a very rough couple of weeks. First off, he called an ENT in cause he did not know how to handle the situation, and wanted the best of care for Flint ( thanks for that!). I was told they should NOT have done this surgery all at once. It should have been broken down in sections, and worse of all, they should have NEVER allowed him to go straight home (you think?)...They sent him home with steroids, nasuea meds, nose spray and LIQUID pain meds. Finally...sleep...well 2 hours anyway cause then time to get up and go get meds filled since WalMart pharmacy open. He felling better. More relaxed..did not sleep much though so no naps for me. Tuesday night rough, sleep some little cat naps through the night, but he can not get comfortable and breathing it rough not to mention pain. Wed...funeral day..he decides he needs to go..He spent most of the time in the truck but says he felt better being there. Took a lot out of him just the moving around. Last night had some nose bleed issues (minor) but could not get comfortable to sleep so was a restless night. On top of all this, he is running fever last night and this morning so am watching him close. He is actually sleeping a little.
We will see..hopefully will be good as new soon...I am thankful, it could be MUCH worse, Thanks for reading my vents, It feels a little better to get it off my chest!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
If you need to call and vent just holler at me, I'm always here!
I hope he gets some sleep so he feels better and you can rest too.
Ya'll take care of yourselves!
lovin' ya
Post a Comment