Hello Blogging Buddies. OK, so this week I should not have done the "once a week" thing. Where to start....I guess with Chels. She started drivers ed this week. I am doing the parent taught drivers ed. She is doing very well so far. By this time next week she will have her permit and we will start the driving instruction too, we will see then how it is going. Driving around with her behind the wheel on these podunk country roads is OK. Not sure how I am gonna handle being in "the real world" with her driving.LOL. I am actually confident she is going to do great though! I am not sure how well I am gonna do that MY baby is driving already? WOW Where did the last 15 years go? School is going well for her. She is doing good there as well. I told her she needs to get in and update her blog. She is always on myspace and facebook so I told her to take a few minutes to update her blog too. We will see if she actually does it:)
For those of you who visit that are not a blogger yet, Bubba (Cousin Jonathan) now has a blog! Hopefully he is going to get to utilize it oftetn to let us all know how he is doing in the "sandbox". You can go visit his box from the link here on my page. I downloaded Skype, and we get to talk to him on occasion. That is wonderful! I really look forward to seeing his blogs!
We went for Flint's preop this week. He is going to have surgery on the 2nd of Feb. They are going to go into his nose first, they are going to break everything and reset it all with nose spints, their hope is to do it without a lot of incisions to his face (I hope that stays true), then they are going to cut off part os his soft pallet (I think that's what it is called), then remove his adnoids and tonsils. He will have to stay overnight in ICU then if all is well he will get to come home. The fun part will start for me then...NOTHING but rest and lay around for 10-14 days...For the first several days, only soft foods (HA). Thank goodness they didn't say no Sweet Tea or I would be in trouble:) I will let you all know how that is going once we have him home. Then once that recovery is complete they are still talking neck and back surgery..he is still telling them NO. I am not sure that is a battle that will ever be over.
Now, as for me, well I am just me:) I did get to do one exciting thing this week. Was not sure how I was gonna like it, but I really had a nice time. Mom's work had their yearly gala which was also the company's 50th anny. They had it at the Gaylord Texan and I got to go with her. Was rather weird seeing me, the jeans and tshirt kinda gal all dressed up in a spiffy formal dress with heels,and sorry LaSha no one took a picture, but we had a really nice time. I had never been there before. Probably never will again, but it was a VERY nice place. It was neat with the presentations they had. I was exited cause I was like "I remember that or them" Since mom has been there for 26 years, it was really special for her too, and I am glad I got to share that with her. Other than that, I am just still doing school, still subbing, and still being mom and wife:)
I guess that will be all for now. Happy blogging to you all!!!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
AAHHH I would have really like to see a pic of you and your Momma all prissyfied. You didn't take a pic on purpose.
I already snapped Chels on the hand about her blogging. I gave her a movie. (typical La Sha)
And I hope everything goes well with Flint. Good luck keeping him on bed rest. You better get some of those hospital restraints! LOL
Post a Comment