Well, we finally got tomato plants in the ground this weekend. The garden is FINISHED! Well, the planting part anyway. Now comes all the fun part. We all love to work in the garden, so always seem to go a little extreme! So, once the veggies start coming we will be looking for veggie lovers to help consume all these veggies! This year we cut a little. We only have 17 rows. The rows are 20-25 feet long, so still gonna have PLENTY to go around. Here is what we have so let me know if you are fresh veggie hungry:)
Watermelon,Canteloupe, Roma Green Beans, Corn (G90 Sweet Corn from Mickie in Alabama), Beets, Collard Greens, Black eye peas, Lettuce, Spinach, Okra, Turnip Greens, Kentucky Pole beans, Mississippi Southern Peas, Cucmbers, Purple Hull Peas, Blue Lake Green beans, Chives, Squash, Carrots, Broccoli, variety or peppers and variety of tomatoes!
I think that about covers it! Will let y'all know when the plants start takin over!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











2 comments:
Holy Moly that's a lot. I realized i don't much like gardening. Our neighbors have a little "City" Garden that butts up against our fense. I hate weeding I told Bert since we've been trying to get our backyard fixed up that I'll never have a flower bed again. the only flowers I'll have will be in pots not the ground. LOL
I agree, the weeding parts sucks bigtime, sppecially in such a large area. The outcome is worth it though..I think..sometimes:)
Post a Comment